Brief Snapshot of the Coast

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2006
      Sunday, January 22, 2006. I was able to steal just an hour or two today to check on some recent sightings along the coast. The male Long-Tailed Duck is still at the mouth of Ten-Mile River near the bridge. I was unable to locate the female. Several Common Goldeneye were also present. At Bald Hill the Ferruginous Hawk was still present, perched on a pole near the road (evidently a preferred perch) and a beautiful adult Peregrine was on the field near the road. Several Aleutian/Cackling Geese and six White-Fronted Geese were present with the Canada Geese. I saw one Burrowing Owl at the "southern burrow". The original burrow appeared to have been abandoned for some time.