Re: [Mendobirds] Digest Number 916

  • Karin Wandrei
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2006
      Another update on crane

      Yesterday I tried to find it again and ran into Kate and Barbara. We
      weren't successful. However, one thing I figured out was that if you start
      from the Reynolds Highway turnoff at 101 and set your odometer, you will go
      around 1.1 miles. If you get out of your car and look at the mile marker
      across the road, you will see that you are at 2.14. So where Roger and
      Holly found it is where everyone else has been finding it. I'm trying one
      more time today! There are a variety of other great birds around, though.
      KESTRALS, WHITE-TAILED KITES, HARRIERS, WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS - and we saw
      a COYOTE very close up!