Tricolored Blackbird

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2006
      Fri, 13 Jan 2006 -- At about 10:00 this morning there was a male TRICOLORED
      BLACKBIRD among the 150 Brewer's Blackbirds in the trees at the south
      marina at Lake Mendocino. There was also an adult BALD EAGLE sitting in a
      tree across the lake at the end of the spit by Miti boat-in campground.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA
    • bengston.dave
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16, 2009
        For about five days now I have had a tricolored blackbird coming to my feeders. This is the
        first time. I have had redwinged blackbirds and Brewer's for years. One interesting thing is
        I have watched it on occasion be very aggressive and keep all other blackbirds from even
        landing on the feeders.
      • birdmanofthewoods4
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2013
          TRICOLORED BLACKBIRD persisting at a bird feeder 4 miles up Little River Airport road. Single male only. Look for it in your area.
        • Robert Keiffer
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23

            21 March 2015 - Saturday – One lone male TRICOLORED BLACKBIRD with a mixed flock of blackbirds in the fabulous garden/yard of Ben & Kate Frey’s at Hopland … near the closed elementary school.    The fact that the bird was vocalizing is what drew my attention to it.    I suspect that Hopland may get another breeding colony this year if we are lucky.   In the past there have been small colonies on two different privately-owned ponds.

            Good Birding.  Bob Keiffer   Hopland   rjkeiffer@...    rjkeiffer@...