Ten Mile Beach Birds

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2006
      Charlene and I surveyed for Snowy Plovers along Ten Mile Beach today. We saw
      41 of them. We also saw a Merlin being chased by a Kestrel, and as soon as
      the Kestrel gave up, the Merlin turned and dived into the duens and came up
      with a gopher(!) that we watched being torn apart.

      I also saw a Burrowing Owl just south of Inglenook Creek (about 50 meters
      passed the bridge) in a pile of driftwood adjacent to the Haul Road.

      Ron LeValley

      Mad River Biologists

      920 Samoa Blvd., Suite 210

      Arcata CA 95521

      Cell: 707/496-3326

      Office: 707/826-0300

      Mendocino Office: 707/937-1742

      Fax: 707/826-0540

      <mailto:ron@...> ron@...

      <http://www.madriverbio.com/> www.madriverbio.com

      For a natural history Picture of the Day in your e-mail, contact
      <mailto:Ron@...> Ron@...