Kelsey Creek outlet

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 30, 2001
      This evening at Clear Lake State Park at the outlet there was a flock of about 15 Common Terns. A Least Bittern was also seen. Marbled Godwits and Semipalmated Plovers were still present. Jerry White

    • Dave Woodward
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2009
        This morning there was one Red-necked Phalarope and one Semipalmated Plover at the outlet of Kelsey Creek in Clear Lake State Park. I also saw a fly-by adult Bald Eagle. The Sanderling was still present on Friday afternoon, but I didn't see it today.
        Dave Woodward
      • Dave Woodward
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 3, 2009
          Birds of local interest this afternoon at the outlet of Kelsey Creek in Clear Lake State Park included 5 Semipalmated Plovers, 3 Wilson's Phalaropes, one Red-necked Phalarope and one Greater Yellowlegs. The number of Least and Western Sandpipers increased to about 40.
          Dave Woodward
        • Dave Woodward
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 10, 2009
            There was a Black-bellied Plover in breeding plumage and a Willet at the outlet of Kelsey Creek this afternoon.
            Dave Woodward
          • dlwoodwardww
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 24, 2009
              There was a Solitary Sandpiper at the outlet of Kelsey Creek in Clear Lake State Park late this afternoon.

              Dave Woodward
            • Jerry White
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1 2:58 PM
                In Clear Lake State Park at the outlet earlier today there were 5 Pectoral Sandpipers, 18 Long-billed Dowitchers, 2 Greater Yellowlegs and single COMMON TERN. Jerry White

              • Dave Woodward
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 11, 2014
                  8/11/14
                  This morning a Cattle Egret flew in from the west and landed with the gull flock at the Kelsey Creek outlet in Clear Lake State Park. It stayed about 4 or 5 minutes, then flew back to the west and landed out of sight beyond the tules. At the time of Jerry White's last published update of the county list (Aug. 2012)  there were four county records for the species.

                  Also at the outlet today were 1 American Avocet, 5 Semipalmated Plovers, 4 Wilson's Phalaropes, along with Least, Western and Spotted Sandpipers and 2 Caspian Terns.

                  David Woodward
                  Lakeport
                • Dave Woodward
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 20, 2014
                    8/20/14 This afternoon there was one Baird's Sandpiper at the Kelsey Creek outlet. There were also about 70 Least and Western Sandpipers, one Greater Yellowlegs, three Semipalmated Plovers and 9 Caspian Terns.

                    David Woodward
                    Lakeport
                  • Dave Woodward
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 28, 2015
                      6/28/15 There were unusual numbers of shorebirds at the outlet of Kelsey Creek in Clear Lake State Park this morning. This was my first trip out there this year. It is VERY difficult to get there because Clear Lake is still high. I wore waist high waders.

                      There was a flock of 64 Willets that circled numerous times and eventually landed where I counted them. They were soon joined by a flock of 55 Western Sandpipers. A flock of 14 Marbled Godwits circled many times, often joined the Willets in flight, but never landed. There was also a single Least Sandpiper and one Killdeer out there.

                      David Woodward
                      Lakeport