sewer ponds

  • Kate Marianchild
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2006
      On Saturday at 5 p.m. there were still 10 Red Phalaropes at the USTP
      south pond, and the Sora in the southwest corner of the middle pond.
      Both life birds for me. The phalaropes were very active and appeared
      healthy. I didn't see the Ross's Goose, but one of the workers there
      said he'd seen it a couple of hours earlier hanging out with some
      Coots. I also saw several Earred Grebes, Northern Shovelers, Ring
      Necked Ducks, Ruddy Ducks and lots of Buffleheads.

      Today I saw an Osprey over Lake Pennyroyal at Round Mountain, and on
      the lake Ring Necks, Buffleheads, and Ruddy Ducks. Yesterday a couple
      of Common Goldeneyes in Potter Valley.

      Kate