North Mendo Coast

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2005
      Mid-morning I chased north to the Westport Treatment pond, but I
      did not (yet again) see any female Hooded Merganser. One Red
      Phalarope remained at the pond. A dark Merlin flew over while I
      was there.
      At mile post 75.00, a little south of Chadbourne Gulch, an Osprey
      perched on the utility wires.

      Jim and I will attempt Big River and Navarro Rivermouth tomorrow
      and/or Sunday for a couple more county birds.

      Karen Havlena