Tundra Swans Cygnus columbianus Return to the Garcia River Slough

  • Richard Kuehn
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2005
      Just a quick post to let other Mendobirders know there were ~45 Tundra Swans
      on the Garcia River slough yesterday morning as I drove to Fort Bragg; they
      had NOT been present when we searched for them on Monday. 20 Harlequin
      Ducks continue on the rocks off the left-hand side of Glass Beach and there
      were both White-winged and Black Scoters present off Ward Avenue yesterday,
      also.

      Good Birding and Happy Holidays!

      Rich

      PS-For those who enjoy looking at species from other countries, we've
      uploaded images from our August trip to Madagascar at our Website listed
      below. NOTE: it is a graphics-intense site for those of you on a dial-up
      connection.

      Richard Kuehn

      WindandSea at The Sea Ranch, CA

      N 38 44.93 W 123 31.66