Lake County

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 160 , Aug 26, 2001
      This morning I found a Northern Waterthrush (2nd county record) along the Rodman Slough levee on Nice Lucerne Cutoff road. This location is about 3 tenths of a mile east of the Rodman Slough bridge. Or from the west it is about 1 mile from Hiway 29. Park in the obvious pullout at this location. The bird was about 150 yards up the levee trail on and around a small mudflat near where there are several fallen trees. I saw it well only one time but heard it calling on at least 2 other occasions.
      Birds of interest at the Kelsey Creek outlet in Clear Lake State Park were: Marbled Godwits, Semipalmated Plover, and Short-billed Dowitchers.
      J. White

    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014

        11/15/14 0745