Ward Ave to Juan Creek: 29-30 Nov

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2005
      Hi birders,

      This afternoon, a Northern Mockingbird came through our yard in
      Ocean Meadows, north of Ten Mile River. This was a different bird
      from the one here 5 October.

      Yesterday afternoon, I looked for White-winged Scoter (did not see).
      Instead, I saw 8 Harlequin Ducks, 3 Red-necked Grebes, and 4
      Black Scoters off Ward Avenue.

      From Juan Creek to Hardy Creek, there were: 1 late Pigeon Guillemot,
      1 Rhino Auklet, 2 Marbled Murrelets, and 2 Red-necked Grebes,
      along with assorted Common Murres and loons.

      A Northern Harrier harrassed a juv Sharp-shinned Hawk around our
      area. The young hawk hit one of our windows, but it managed to fly
      off only to hit a neighbor's window. We put it in a box for a while,
      and it recovered.

      Karen Havlena
      Ten Mile area