Ukiah-area birds Nov 26 and 27

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2005
      Greetings Mendobirders: Yesterday morning I visited the Ukiah Sewage
      Treatment Plant, and there were hundreds of ducks on the oxidation
      ponds. I counted 14 species and they were the usual suspects with the
      exception of a single female REDHEAD on the north pond. I made trips to
      Lake Mendocino both yesterday and today looking for the Canvasback and
      Glaucous Gull reported by Jerry and George. I saw neither and the lake was
      dead. There were more birds on the north pond at the USTP than I saw on
      the entire lake. A ROCK WREN continues along the rock facing of the dam
      between the parking lot and the intake tower, and I watched a PEREGRINE
      FALCON stoop unsuccessfully on a lucky/wise Western Meadowlark.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...