Ancient Murrelets

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2005
      Toby Tokin has just reported 3 Ancient Murrelets feeding among a flock of
      gulls in Brewery Gulch, just south of the town of Mendocino. To get there
      cross the Big River Bridge going south and take a left (west) on Brewery
      Gulch Road (directly across from the Comptche-Ukiah Road). Go ΒΌ mile to a
      pullout with a short trail overlooking the ocean.

      Cheers,

      Ron LeValley

      Mad River Biologists

      920 Samoa Blvd., Suite 210

      Arcata CA 95521

      Cell: 707/496-3326

      Office: 707/826-0300

      Mendocino Office: 707/937-1742

      Fax: 707/826-0540

      <mailto:ron@...> ron@...

      <http://www.madriverbio.com/> www.madriverbio.com

      For a natural history Picture of the Day in your e-mail, contact
      <mailto:Ron@...> Ron@...

    • Jerry White
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2010
        Thursday November 4th:
        While scoping the ocean from the Juan Creek overlook I found 5 ANCIENT MURRELETS amongst a mixed flock of feeding seabirds. After a few minutes the fog rolled in and I lost sight of the entire flock.
        Close to shore there was a Cassin's Auklet.

        Friday November 5th:
        From the Mendocino Headlands on the ocean there was a Marbled Murrelet still in mostly breeding plumage.
        Also at the headlands at the treatment ponds there was a single Snow Goose. Jerry White