Ferruginous Hawk and Blue Heron in PV

  • Elaine Lindelef
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2005
      At 6:28 PM +0000 10/31/05, Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      >Yesterday (29 Oct) I also saw a FERRUGINOUS HAWK on Pine Avenue in Potter
      >Valley. This is the earliest inland record in our database
      ><http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mendobirds/database?method=reportRows&tbl=3>
      >
      >George Chaniot
      >Potter Valley, MEN, CA

      I think we may have seen this hawk at our place on East Road in
      Potter Valley on October 27th. But our bird ID skills are still
      novice level.

      Today we saw a gorgeous Blue Heron hiking across our back pasture. He
      thoughtfully moseyed slowly, turning this way and that, so we could
      admire all sides of him and check several times what we saw in the
      binoculars against the book.

      Elaine Lindelef
      Potter Valley, CA