Aleutian Cackling Goose

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      While driving north from Fort Bragg about 3:45 this PM, I spotted an
      'Aleutian' Cackling Goose.

      It is/was on a large lawn directly across Hwy 1 from the "Green Acres"
      campground sign. Jim and I came back with our scopes and could
      easily see that the white chinstrap was split by a stripe of black. Also,
      the white neckband was at least an inch wide completely circling the
      neck. Nice steep forehead and square-headed appearance, too. The
      bird was alone. Toby was just leaving to walk her dog, so she stopped
      by and saw it, as well.
      Karen (& Jim) Havlena

    • richhubie
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17 2:13 PM
        17 February 2009 Tuesday. There was a single Aleutian Cackling Goose
        associating (but not too close) with 4 of the local Canada Geese on the
        Mendocino Headland bluffs just south of the North-west parking area.
        Time was approx. 11:15 AM.

        Richard Hubacek