Ten Mile River Mouth

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      This morning around 10-AM, I scoped from the bluff above above the Ten Mile
      River mouth.
      I found a female Black Scoter in the several, large rafts of Surf Scoters.

      Also, there was a Red-necked Grebe just off the river mouth. Later, it moved
      offshore a little.

      There were quite a few dolphins in the immediate area, too. The river broke
      through the sand, draining back to a more normal level a few days ago. Now,
      there is some sandy shoreline that can be be seen from the bridge. Virginia
      Rails were quite vocal in the early morning.

      Karen Havlena