Mountains and Coast

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2005
      On Friday October 28th I birded Etsel Ridge and Round Valley. In the mountains I recorded the three accipiter's; Sharp-shinned, Coopers and Northern Goshawk. Nothing unusual in the valley; the best birds were 2 Ferruginous Hawks and a Golden Eagle.
      On Saturday morning I found a Black-and-white Warbler at Usal. This is very likely the same bird first discovered by Don Doolittle and Debi Shearwater October 16th.
      There was also a Black-throated Gray Warbler in the same flock. At the Westport Treatment Pond there was a Greater White-fronted Goose. JRW

    • Floyd Hayes
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2005
        On Saturday the 30th there were ten CINNAMON TEAL,
        four DUNLIN and five LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS at the
        Hidden Valley Lake Wastewater Treatment Plant.

        Floyd Hayes
        Hidden Valley Lake, Lake County