Re: [Mendobirds] migrating geese flocks

  • Dave & Cathy Ortiz
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21 2:05 PM
      During the weekend I also heard & witnessed two sets of geese traveling in a southeastern direction above our place on Pine Mountain. I don't know which species they were.

      Today, I got in a very small Canada Goose, subspecies minima. It was found a couple of days ago from the Spy Rock Road area north of Laytonville. This little goose is extremely emaciated. I doubt that it will survive.

      I understand they breed from western Alaska east to the Yukon and that "Cackling Goose" is another name used for this little species.