Lapland Longspur

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2005
      Sun Oct 16, 2005 - Chuck Vaughn, Jerry White, David Nelson, and I found a LAPLAND LONGSPUR at Virgin Creek Beach on Sunday following the cancellation of the pelagic trip. The bird was in the grassy area west of the Haul Rd and just south of the beach. There is a large sand dune in the grass at this location and the bird was in the short grass along the bluffs just southwest of this dune. On several occasions the bird flew down to the rocks below the edge of the bluff. Good birding.

      Matthew Matthiessen
      Ukiah, MEN, CA
    • richhubie
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2007
        "Toby" Tobkin reported seeing a "probable" female Lapland Longspur at
        noon today. Location was the Mendocino Headlands at the far most south-
        western parking area.

        Richard Hubacek for Toby
      • Roger H Adamson
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2015
          Refound Friday morning 9:30 same place as described by Tim.

          Roger Adamson