Misc MEN and LAK birds 10/15

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2005
      Greetings Mendobirders: Jerry White phoned to tell me of several
      interesting local sightings this morning. Ed Pandolfino, David Vander
      Pluym and others saw the continuing CHESTNUT-COLLARED LONGSPUR and HORNED
      LARKS near "Robinson Lake" in Lake County early this morning. See earlier
      posts on this list for directions. They proceeded to the Ukiah Sewage
      Treatment Plant where they found a COMMON MOORHEN. Meanwhile, Jerry White
      was birding on the coast where he found a PALM WARBLER at the NE corner of
      Howard Creek Bridge on Hwy 1, above Westport. Jerry also found a HORNED
      LARK on Hwy 1 just N of mile-marker 71.54 where there is a pullout on the
      west side of the highway.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive