PALM WARBLER - Inglenook Fen

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2005
      Hello,

      This morning, Friday, I walked from Ten Mile River to Sand
      Hill Lake and Inglenook Fen. My best bird was a "Western"
      PALM WARBLER in the large, mostly dead trees southeast
      of Sand Hill Lake.

      Also, between Ten Mile River and Inglenook Creek I saw
      the Snowy Plovers (20-each). I went to Sand Hill Lake,
      where there was a Ring-Necked Duck. Then I proceeded
      south from the lake with the intent of exiting somewhere on
      Highway 1, which I eventually did (the hard way, I think!).
      About half way between Sand Lake Hill and the highway
      is a large pond (lake?) where I saw 6 Wood Ducks.

      Jim Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg