N Waterthrush - Yes

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2005
      On my third try, I heard and saw (plain olive brown, dorsal view only) the
      N Waterthrush in the willows-spring just north of the parking area at Lake
      Cleone. The bird only called on 2 occasions. I stood up from crouching
      after only hearing the bird 30 minutes before and decided to walk across
      the first, little bridge inside the willows. The waterthrush flew away from
      me east along the overgrown path, calling several times.
      After returning home I played the "Warblers" record, that has the best
      call for both Northern and Louisiana Waterthrushes. Northern fit the
      call.
      Also, Jim and I observed a Virginia Rail for about 10-15 minutes at
      the tiny pond just inside the willows, when we first arrived. Jim had left
      the immediate area prior to the waterthrush flying away.

      (Guess we will have to take Chuck's invitation to visit HREC to get
      the Sora). Thanks!

      Karen & Jim Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg