Blackpoll Warbler in Littleriver

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2005
      Hi all,

      I just saw a Blackpoll Warbler outside the window here on Little River
      Headlands. It seems to have moved through and I can't locate it again. I
      noted a greenish warbler with light black streaks on the back, prominent
      wing bars, pale yellow below with diffuse streaks on the sides of the chest
      and flanks and a dark line through the eye on a greenish yellow head. I did
      not specifically check the flanks, but the overall greenish-yellow indicated
      a Blackpoll and not a Bay-breasted and the streaks on the back rule out Pine
      Warbler.

      Ron LeValley

      Mad River Biologists

      920 Samoa Blvd., Suite 210

      Arcata CA 95521

      Cell: 707/496-3326

      Office: 707/826-0300

      Mendocino Ofice: 707/937-1742

      Fax: 707/826-0300

      <mailto:ron@...> ron@...

      <http://www.madriverbio.com/> www.madriverbio.com

      For a free natural history "Occasional Picture of the Day" in your e-mail,
      contact <mailto:Ron@...> Ron@...