8/ 18 Shearwater Pelagic

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20 1:26 PM
      Greetings Mendo birders: Here are the birds seen on the
      8/18 Shearwater Journeys pelagic trip out of Noyo Harbor in Fort
      Bragg. The obvious highlight was the Dark-rumped Petrel, our second county
      record. This bird was well seen by almost all on board. It was seen only
      8 miles from shore and almost exactly a year from our first Dark-rumped
      Petrel, also observed on a Shearwater Journeys trip. There is another trip
      going out on Wednesday, September 5. You can contact Debra Shearwater at
      831-637-8527 regarding available space.

      Black-footed Albatross 34
      Northern Fulmar 6
      Dark-rumped Petrel 1