HREC Tennessee Warbler

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2005
      Greetings Mendobirders: This morning I saw an adult male TENNESSEE WARBLER
      at the UC Hopland Research Center. The bird was in the willows on the
      shady west side of the middle sag pond near the office area. It was in a
      large, fairly compact passerine flock that seemed to be contained within
      the boundaries of 30-40 active and noisy BUSHTITS. The flock included 2
      late PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHERS, HUTTON'S VIREOS, OAK TITMICE, 2
      RUBY-CROWNED KINGLETS (the first I've seen this fall), several each of
      ORANGE-CROWNED, YELLOW, BLACK-THROATED GRAY, and WILSON'S WARBLERS, a
      single COMMON YELLOWTHROAT, and several WESTERN TANAGERS. There were 2
      WILLOW FLYCATCHERS along the open east side of the pond. On Monday I found
      a female BLUE-WINGED TEAL on this same pond, but was unable to refind it
      today.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive