Re: Lake County

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 160 , Sep 21, 2005
      Wed, 21 Sep 2005 -- With the flooding of the north pond at the Ukiah Sewage
      Treatment Plant, Robinson Lake in Lake Co. is the best mud around within a
      30 min. drive of my home. I went back at midday today and found an
      entirely different set of birds than at sunrise yesterday. Most notable for
      me were MARBLED GODWITS and a juvenile BLACK-NECKED STILT. There were a
      few YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRDS and TRICOLORED BLACKBIRDS today , compared to
      50 and 10 yesterday. Estimates for shorebirds are

      1 Black-necked Stilt
      5 Greater Yellowlegs
      8 Marbled Godwits
      15 Western Sandpipers