Lake County

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 20, 2005
      On Sunday the 18th an AMERICAN BITTERN, a BLACK-NECKED
      STILT, five MARBLED GODWITS, six PECTORAL SANDPIPERS
      and a LESSER YELLOWLEGS were at Robinson Lake. I saw
      five species of warblers including a MACGILLIVRAY'S
      WARBLER at Rodman's Slough. At Borax Lake there was a
      BLUE-WINGED TEAL, six CINNAMON TEAL, a REDHEAD, two
      RING-NECKED DUCKS and no shorebirds other than
      KILLDEER. A female COMMON MERGANSER was at Clearlake.

      Too bad I didn't find out about the wagtail earlier!
      Is it still being seen?

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, Lake County
    • Jerry White
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2005
        Yesterday morning (October 8th) Nikki White and I saw the Snow Goose at Lake Cleone and found the Pacific Golden-Plover on the beach near the Laguna Pt parking lot. There was also a Pectoral Sandpiper at Glass Beach. JRW