Eastern Yellow Wagtail

  • Bob Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2005
      19 Sept 2005 - To answer Matt Brady's question .... yes, the Eastern Yellow Wagtail (thanks to Joe Morlan for the current name correction) should be species number 400 for Mendocino County. All applause should go to "Toby" Tobkin for finding the bird last Friday evening and Saturday morning .... and more applause to the network of birders that got the info out quickly. By Saturday late afternoon at least 18 birders had observed the bird.

      If you saw the bird please note that this is a reportable species to the California Bird Records Committee
      http://www.wfo-cbrc.org/cbrc/ ...at this site you will find an excellent observation form and directions on how to submit your details to the CBRC. If you use the CBRC form please review the form first BEFORE sending, adn then print or save it for your own records and to send to me, and THEN submit it to CBRC. Please also submit notes/photos to me for archiving into the Mendocino County records.

      Thanks.... and good birding! Bob Keiffer 4070 University Road, Hopland, CA 95449 rjkeiffer@...