Potter Valley - Burris Lane

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2005
      Saturday - 10 September 2005 - Just 1/2 mile east of the end of Burris Lane
      I observed 1 adult Golden Eagle, 20+ Mountain Quail, 2 Pileated
      Woodpeckers, 2 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, 1 Black-throated Gray
      Warbler. On a side note... Great Egrets are migrating south right now
      so check out wetland areas such as ponds, pastures, sewage treatment plants
      for elusive rarities such as Cattle Egrets. Good Birding. Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road