Wages Creek & Juan Creek

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2005
      This morning I ventured up to Wages & Juan Creeks, north of Westport.
      There was still quite a bit of traffic, but I stayed for a while.

      There was a DIPPER on the west side of Wages Creek bridge. It seemed
      to be a juvenile on its maiden, post breeding site dispersal. I had just
      been looking at a rock by the creek with droppings that reminded me of
      Dipper. Not 5 seconds later, the Dipper flew in far from the bridge. It
      fed in the creek where the creek turns SW and out of view.
      Warbler and vireo activity was moderately slim - Townsend's, Yellow,
      Orange-crowned & Wilson's Warblers, plus 2 Warbling Vireos.

      At Juan Creek, there were 2-3 MARBLED MURRELETS, 1 Pigeon Guillemot,
      and several Common Murres and a few loons in the water. A lone
      WANDERING TATTLER combed the shoreline.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg