Lake Co.

  • bryan_m_95451
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 18, 2005
      16 AUG 2005:
      2 Br.ad. Semipalmated Plover Borax Lake, Clk. Pk.
      2 Juv. Baird's Sandpiper " "
      1 Juv. Sanderling " "
      1 Juv. Pectoral Sandpiper " "
      6 W./ Red-necked Phalarope " "
      Molt. Juv.

      18 AUG 2005:
      2 Adult Least Bittern Long Tule Pt., Kvl.
      (Thanks to Greg Giusti's initial report via Jerry White)

      By McIntosh, Bryan J.
    • bryan_m_95451
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 25, 2005
        24 AUG 2005:
        1 Juv. Short-billed Dowitcher Rob. Lk., Nice
        6 Long-billed Dowitcher " "
        1 Lesser Yellowlegs " "
        1 Greater Yellowlegs " "
        1 Juv. Semipalmated Sandpiper " "

        25 AUG 2005:
        3 American Avocet Private Pond N. of abv.
        2 Red-necked Phalarope "

        By McIntosh, Bryan J. (Thanks to Dave Woodward for last 2 abv.)
      • bryan_m_95451
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 30, 2005
          27 AUG 2005:

          2 Juv. Willet Rob. Lk., Nice

          By McIntosh, Bryan J.
        • Frances Oliver
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 31, 2005
            Today, I went looking for shorebirds in Lake Co. I spent the entire time birding between Borax Lake and Robinson Lake. Birding was very good!

            Borax Lake:
            2 Gr. Yellowlegs
            1 Bairds SP (juv)
            1 Pectoral SP
            1 SP Plover (juv)
            1 SP Sandpiper (juv)
            lots of Western & Least's SP
            Killdeer
            Green Heron

            Robinson's Lake
            1 Gr Yellowlegs
            1 Lesser Yellowlegs
            1 LB Dowitcher
            1 dowitcher sp
            1 Marble Godwit
            1 Baird's SP
            lots of Western's & Least's
            4 Caspian Tern's
            Killdeer
            Green Heron

            A Willow FC was found along Rodman Slough.

            Good Birding!
            Frances
            Lodi, CA

          • bryan_m_95451
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 31, 2005
              31 AUG 2005:
              1 Juv. Short-billed Dowitcher Rob. Lk., Nice
              1 W. pl. Marbled Godwit " "
              1 Juv. Solitary Sandpiper " "
              3 W. pl. American Avocet Private pond N. of abv.

              By McIntosh, Bryan J.
            • bryan_m_95451
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 1, 2005
                01 SEP 2005:
                1 Fem/imm Black-chinned Hummingbird 3740 Gard St., Kvl.
                1 Imm male Calliope Hummingbird " "

                By McIntosh, Bryan J.
              • Frances Oliver
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 11, 2012
                  Yesterday, Linda Pittman, Liz West and I birded Lake County. Spent the day
                  showing Linda all the great places to bird in Lake. What a great day we
                  had! Plus seeing a variety of Raptors is always a treat. Throughout the day we
                  saw both SHARP-SHINNED & COOPER'S HAWKS; multiple RED-SHOULDERED & RED-TAILED
                  HAWKS, a FERRUGINOUS HAWK; both GOLDEN & BALD EAGLES; multiple NORTHERN HARRIERS
                  & KESTREL'S; 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS,and a few WT KITES. Many of the expected ducks
                  were at Borax Lake & Detert Reservoir. Only shorebird was a Killdeer. The
                  Burrowing Owl was a no show today.

                  Borax Lake highlight included: 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS sitting out (almost
                  side-by-side) on the mud flats; a HORNED LARK sitting next to one of the tires
                  on the same mud flats; and at some point a Sharpie flew around the oak trees
                  next to the lake.

                  Around the Hidden WTP area we saw the majority of our Raptors including: a
                  COOPER'S HAWK, both Golden & Bald Eagle, a few AM Kestrels, N. Harriers, RT
                  Hawk, Ferruginous Hawk, and lots of Ravens!

                  Boggs Mt. State Forest also did not disappoint either!  Both Hairy & Downy
                  Woodpeckers, all 3 nuthatches, Golden-crowned Kinglets, with several Red
                  Crossbills calling as they flew over.  And new for me was a TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE
                  just sitting quietly on a tree branch in the campground.

                  Getting closer to 200!

                  Frances
                  Lodi, CA