RE: [Mendobirds] Digest Number 807

  • Karin Wandrei
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2005
      In looking more closely at Sibley when I got home, I am wondering if what I
      saw was a 2nd year Bald Eagle? The breast was definitely quite light and
      looked worn while the rest of the bird was definitely dark.

      From: "Karin Wandrei" <kwandrei@...>
      2. Spots available on Humboldt Bay boat trip
      From: Chet ogan <chet_ogan@...>
      3. RE Humboldt Bay Pelagic trip
      From: Chet ogan <chet_ogan@...>
      4. USTP 3 Aug
      From: chaniot@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:04:01 -0700
      From: "Karin Wandrei" <kwandrei@...>
      Subject: eagle

      I saw what I'm pretty sure was an Eagle (probably Golden) perched high up on
      a tree on next to highway 101 about a mile south of Willits on the west
      side. It was big and definitely had that eagle look. The breast didn't
      look that solidly dark but more worn. It stayed there for awhile (I was
      able to turn around about a mile further south and double back and see it
      through my binoculars) but after about 30 seconds it flew off and I didn't
      see it again.

      Message: 2
      Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:20:08 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Chet ogan <chet_ogan@...>
      Subject: Spots available on Humboldt Bay boat trip

      We have 4 to 6 spots available on an 8 hour offshore
      boat trip on the HSU research boat "Coral Sea." Dr.
      Stan Harris will be the trip leader. The cost is $99,
      the time is 6 AM sharp at the south end of Woodley
      Island. Please contact Chet Ogan ASAP 707-442-9353 or
      cell 707-496-9001, we need to know by Monday August 8.

      Message: 3
      Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:34:30 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Chet ogan <chet_ogan@...>
      Subject: RE Humboldt Bay Pelagic trip

      I forgot to mention the pelagic trip date is Sunday
      August 14.
      We have 4 to 6 spots available on an 8 hour offshore
      boat trip on the HSU research boat "Coral Sea."  Dr.
      Stan Harris will be the trip leader.  The cost is $99,
      the time is 6 AM sharp at the south end of Woodley
      Island.  Please contact Chet Ogan ASAP 707-442-9353 or
      cell 707-496-9001, we need to know by Monday August 8.

      Message: 4
      Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 20:01:30 -0700
      From: chaniot@...
      Subject: USTP 3 Aug

      Wed, 03 Aug 2005 -- This morning at the mudflats on the north percolation
      pond at the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant there were 27 WESTERN SANDPIPERS,
      10 LEAST SANDPIPERS, 1 GREATER YELLOWLEGS, 1 SPOTTED SANDPIPER, 1 BAIRD'S
      SANDPIPER, 3 LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS, and 4 BLACK-NECKED STILTS. If there
      are any county birders out there who have never seen stilts in Mendocino,
      this is your chance.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA

      these addresses: