USTP 7/31

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2005
      Greetings Mendobirders: I birded the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant
      oxidation ponds this morning. Highlights were 2 juvenile WILSON'S
      PHALAROPES and a nice, bright adult LESSER YELLOWLEGS. Other shorebirds
      included the usual WESTERN and LEAST SANDPIPERS, LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS,
      and GREATER YELLOWLEGS. The 2 adult and 2 juvenile BLACK-NECKED STILTS
      also continue, as do the pair of GREATER SCAUP and the female AMERICAN
      WIGEON. The latter have now "officially" summered here. What a vacation spot!

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive
      Ukiah, CA 95482