continuing Purple Martins

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2005
      Thursday - July 14, 2005 - The pair of purple martins at the UC-HREC
      utilizing a woodpecker cavity in a transmission line power pole is still
      there. I watched the adult male and female sit on the cross arm while a
      juvenile peered out of the nest cavity. It seems like it has taken
      forever for this nest to fledge. The pair was first observed at the cavity
      on May 23rd. Good birding - Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center