USTP 7/4/05

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2005
      Greetings Mendobirders: I walked around the oxidation ponds at the Ukiah
      Sewage Treatment Plant this morning. I counted 14 RUDDY DUCKS (10m, 4 f),
      and a female AMERICAN WIGEON and 2 female GREATER SCAUP continue. New
      arrivals included a GREATER YELLOWLEGS and 4 LEAST SANDPIPERS. The pair of
      BLACK-NECKED STILTS, Mendocino County's first nesters, are raising at least
      2 young on the north pond.

      FYI the staff out there wanted me to let birders know that they have
      changed their weekend schedule for now. Because of a retirement and 2
      relocations, they are short-handed. Until the city does some hiring ("it
      may be a couple of months...or longer"), they are only going to be open
      from 9 to 11 am on weekends.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive