NOPA

  • Barbara E. Dolan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2005
      To all birders; On 6-25-05 I spent 3 hours at the Caspar Cemetary road from pipe gate to the Cemetery itself from 2-5pm. Weather was overcast, balmy and no wind.

      I heard the Northern Parula's distinctive buzzy ascending trill(4pm) and recognized it right away with subsequent calls X 4 very confirmatory. I was in the south east woods looking for Band-Tailed Pigeon possible nest and the call made me jump out. I was able to identify the possible location as it wasn't moving by standing at the pipe gate opposite the cemetery sign and 30 steps back. At the skyline is view of a mossy topped gray trunked old tree and to its right is a taller, I think, fir,gray-trunked, as well ,and the bird was calling about ½ way down that tree. I never saw it, but thought I could give effort to do so because it was not moving. Unfortunately, 3 Stellar Jays came in that exact area and were raising commotion and I never heard the bird again from 4pm to 5pm.

      Other species included Golden-Crowned fledglings with gaping orange-colored mouths very demanding, Olive-sided flycatcher calling, Wilson's Warblers, Acorn WP with quite a few trees for cache, Wrentit, Swainson's Thrush fluted song, Anna's Hummer, Hutton's Vireo, MODO, Osprey calling unrelentlessly the whole time, NO. Flicker, RSHK, Purple Finch, and as I was leaving I got to observe 2 Purple Martins preening at the top of the tall gray, spar of a tree across the road with beautiful light on a male. Barbara Dolan

      WARNING: The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify HIPAA@... by E-Mail and then destroy this communication in a manner appropriate for privileged information.