Yellow-rumped Warblers on the coast

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15 10:13 AM
      Hi all,

      Rob Fowler's report of a Yellow-rumped Warbler out at Lanphere Dunes
      prompted me to post this message.

      If it was an Audubon's Warbler (and not a Myrtle) it was likely not
      lingering but part of a small nesting population in the pine forests of the
      Lanphere Dunes complex (west of Arcata).

      Which of course brings me to ask, do they breed anywhere else on the
      immediate coast? Mendocino County?

      And on a related note, I had a lingering (or vagrant?) Myrtle Warble on the
      Little River Headlands on June 5, 2005. Little River Headlands is just south
      of the town of Mendocino.

      Ron LeValley, Senior Biologist
      ron@...
      707/826-0300
      Cell 707/496-3326
      Fax 826-0540
      www.madriverbio.com
      Mad River Biologists
      920 Samoa Blvd. Suite 210
      Arcata, CA 95521

      For a free natural history "Occasional Picture of the Day" in your inbox,
      e-mail Ron and ask to be put on the list!