Common Nighthawk

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2005
      On Friday night (June 3rd) I heard two Common Nighthawk's on Albion Ridge at the location first discovered by Matthew Matthiessen a couple of years ago. The birds started calling at 8:43 PM. They continued for only 3 or 4 minutes.
      This was on Road K just off of Albion Ridge Road.

      On Saturday I tried for but did not see the Sage Thrasher found by George Chaniot in Round Valley.
      At that location there was a singing Grasshopper Sparrow. Also just to the south there were 2 males and one female
      Lawrence's Goldfinch. JRW