MEN/So Cow Mt Greater Roadrunner

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2005
      Greetings Mendobirders- At 830 this morning, while doing bird transects,
      Jennifer Potts and I heard a Greater Roadrunner singing on the Mendocino
      County side of the BLM South Cow Mountain recreation area. The bird was in
      some of the lower chaparral immediately west and downslope from Lost
      Valley. Other birds of local interest were a Rufous-crowned Sparrow, an
      Olive-sided Flycatcher, Hairy Woodpeckers, and Nashville Warblers singing
      in seemingly every hardwood and mixed hardwood/knobcone pine grove up there.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive
      Ukiah, CA 95482