Crested Caracara (negative report)

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2005
      Tuesday 3 May 2005 - the Crested Caracara that was seen yesterday near the
      coastal town of Caspar has NOT been relocated yet. This is probably the
      same bird that came through Mendocino County last August and then ventured
      north to Humboldt County. I have heard reports of it around Humboldt
      Bay/Eel River flats off-and-on through the fall/winter. I speculate that
      this is the same bird now headed south to ????? If you are in the
      vicinity of Highway 1 and spot a deer carcass along the way I suggest that
      you stop and take a look around for this bird. Good birding! Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road