Lake Co.

  • bryan_m_95451
    Message 1 of 21 , May 1, 2005
      24 APR 2005:
      2 Vaux's Swift CLSP, Kvl.
      1 Ad. Bald Eagle CLSP, Kvl.

      27 APR 2005:
      1 HO Canyon Wren Riv. W. Bluffs, Kvl.
      1 Ad. Peregrine Falcon Riv. W. Bluffs, Kvl.
      2 White-thr. Swift Riv. W. Bluffs, Kvl.

      01 MAY 2005:
      1 Br.pl. Wilson's Phalarope Rob. Lk., Nice
    • bryan_m_95451
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 18, 2005
        16 AUG 2005:
        2 Br.ad. Semipalmated Plover Borax Lake, Clk. Pk.
        2 Juv. Baird's Sandpiper " "
        1 Juv. Sanderling " "
        1 Juv. Pectoral Sandpiper " "
        6 W./ Red-necked Phalarope " "
        Molt. Juv.

        18 AUG 2005:
        2 Adult Least Bittern Long Tule Pt., Kvl.
        (Thanks to Greg Giusti's initial report via Jerry White)

        By McIntosh, Bryan J.
      • bryan_m_95451
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 25, 2005
          24 AUG 2005:
          1 Juv. Short-billed Dowitcher Rob. Lk., Nice
          6 Long-billed Dowitcher " "
          1 Lesser Yellowlegs " "
          1 Greater Yellowlegs " "
          1 Juv. Semipalmated Sandpiper " "

          25 AUG 2005:
          3 American Avocet Private Pond N. of abv.
          2 Red-necked Phalarope "

          By McIntosh, Bryan J. (Thanks to Dave Woodward for last 2 abv.)
        • bryan_m_95451
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 30, 2005
            27 AUG 2005:

            2 Juv. Willet Rob. Lk., Nice

            By McIntosh, Bryan J.
          • Frances Oliver
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 31, 2005
              Today, I went looking for shorebirds in Lake Co. I spent the entire time birding between Borax Lake and Robinson Lake. Birding was very good!

              Borax Lake:
              2 Gr. Yellowlegs
              1 Bairds SP (juv)
              1 Pectoral SP
              1 SP Plover (juv)
              1 SP Sandpiper (juv)
              lots of Western & Least's SP
              Killdeer
              Green Heron

              Robinson's Lake
              1 Gr Yellowlegs
              1 Lesser Yellowlegs
              1 LB Dowitcher
              1 dowitcher sp
              1 Marble Godwit
              1 Baird's SP
              lots of Western's & Least's
              4 Caspian Tern's
              Killdeer
              Green Heron

              A Willow FC was found along Rodman Slough.

              Good Birding!
              Frances
              Lodi, CA

            • bryan_m_95451
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 31, 2005
                31 AUG 2005:
                1 Juv. Short-billed Dowitcher Rob. Lk., Nice
                1 W. pl. Marbled Godwit " "
                1 Juv. Solitary Sandpiper " "
                3 W. pl. American Avocet Private pond N. of abv.

                By McIntosh, Bryan J.
              • bryan_m_95451
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 1 8:56 PM
                  01 SEP 2005:
                  1 Fem/imm Black-chinned Hummingbird 3740 Gard St., Kvl.
                  1 Imm male Calliope Hummingbird " "

                  By McIntosh, Bryan J.
                • Frances Oliver
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 11, 2012
                    Yesterday, Linda Pittman, Liz West and I birded Lake County. Spent the day
                    showing Linda all the great places to bird in Lake. What a great day we
                    had! Plus seeing a variety of Raptors is always a treat. Throughout the day we
                    saw both SHARP-SHINNED & COOPER'S HAWKS; multiple RED-SHOULDERED & RED-TAILED
                    HAWKS, a FERRUGINOUS HAWK; both GOLDEN & BALD EAGLES; multiple NORTHERN HARRIERS
                    & KESTREL'S; 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS,and a few WT KITES. Many of the expected ducks
                    were at Borax Lake & Detert Reservoir. Only shorebird was a Killdeer. The
                    Burrowing Owl was a no show today.

                    Borax Lake highlight included: 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS sitting out (almost
                    side-by-side) on the mud flats; a HORNED LARK sitting next to one of the tires
                    on the same mud flats; and at some point a Sharpie flew around the oak trees
                    next to the lake.

                    Around the Hidden WTP area we saw the majority of our Raptors including: a
                    COOPER'S HAWK, both Golden & Bald Eagle, a few AM Kestrels, N. Harriers, RT
                    Hawk, Ferruginous Hawk, and lots of Ravens!

                    Boggs Mt. State Forest also did not disappoint either!  Both Hairy & Downy
                    Woodpeckers, all 3 nuthatches, Golden-crowned Kinglets, with several Red
                    Crossbills calling as they flew over.  And new for me was a TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE
                    just sitting quietly on a tree branch in the campground.

                    Getting closer to 200!

                    Frances
                    Lodi, CA