leucistic Black Oystercatcher

  • Bob Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 10:54 AM
      Saturday, 30 April 2005, One of the local leucistic Black Oystercatchers was seen on a tidal rock 300 yards off the mouth of Caspar Creek. The bird was almost total white with the head/neck a buffy/off-white color. To me the bird looked like the one that has been around Mendocino Headlands during the winter season. I very much suspect that it is the one-in-the-same bird that has left Mendocino Headlands for the breeding season. If anyone is still seeing a whitish Black Oystercatcher at Mendocino Headlands then please post the sighting. Bob Keiffer