USTP Apr 26

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2005
      Tue, 26 Apr 2005 -- I went to the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant this
      afternoon to look for the grackle reported Sunday. No grackle, but I did
      see a pair of BLUE-WINGED TEAL on the center pond. There was a smattering
      of waterbirds including Greater Scaup, Cinnamon Teal, Gadwall, Northern
      Pintail, Semipalmated Plover, Least and Western Sandpipers. Recently
      arrived Lazuli Buntings were singing in the felled orchard to the north,
      and a
      Yellow-breasted Chat was singing along the river.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA