Offshore Horned Puffins, onshore American dipper

  • Justin Ward
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2001
      Hello Mendocino Birders
      This message is being passed on from Pablo Herrera(PAH) and Elias
      Elias(E?E) who were conducting sea fairing transects off of the
      Mendocino coast yesterday (7/10/01) They report 2 Horned Puffins, one of
      which was in full alternate plumage, The first was ~3KM off of Elk
      Creek North of Mendocino (N39 .08405 W123 .73704). The second bird was
      seen ~3km off shore of the town of Mendocino (N39 .29061 W123 .83813).
      Yesterday I (JFW) was in southern Mendocino east of Gualala and I
      saw an American Dipper just North of Greenbridge on Gualala road. You
      can access this sight by driving over Greenbridge and then parking on
      the Left hand side then finding the trail down to the river (bring
      wellies) then head upstream ~50 meters.
      That's all for now
      Good luck and good birding
      Justin Ward