Lake Co.

  • bryan_m_95451
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 18, 2005
      28 MAR 2005:
      1 Br. plum. Horned Grebe ~Mi. 20.11 Hwy. 20, Lucerne

      13 APR 2005:
      2 Br. plum. Horned Grebe ~Mi. 20.11 Hwy. 20, Lucerne

      16 APR 2005:
      2 Nest build. Lawrence's Goldfinch 7700 Kel. Crk. Dr., Kvl.
      2 Ml., fem. Peregrine Falcon Kel. Crk. Can., Kvl.
      1 Br. plum. Common Moorhen Adobe Resvr., Kvl.

      17 APR 2005:
      1 HO Red Crossbill Mi. 19.0 Hwy 175, Cobb

      18 APR 2005:
      2 HO N. Saw-whet Owl Boggs Mt., Cobb

      By McIntosh, Bryan J.
    • bryan_m_95451
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 20, 2005
        19 APR 2005:
        1 Early Hermit Warbler Rock Crk., 16N32, Up. Lk.
        1 HO Spotted Owl Rock Crk., 16N32, Up. Lk.
        1 Early Common Poorwill Rd. 16N01, Up. Lk.

        By McIntosh, Bryan J.
      • bryan_m_95451
        Message 3 of 21 , May 1, 2005
          24 APR 2005:
          2 Vaux's Swift CLSP, Kvl.
          1 Ad. Bald Eagle CLSP, Kvl.

          27 APR 2005:
          1 HO Canyon Wren Riv. W. Bluffs, Kvl.
          1 Ad. Peregrine Falcon Riv. W. Bluffs, Kvl.
          2 White-thr. Swift Riv. W. Bluffs, Kvl.

          01 MAY 2005:
          1 Br.pl. Wilson's Phalarope Rob. Lk., Nice
        • bryan_m_95451
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 18, 2005
            16 AUG 2005:
            2 Br.ad. Semipalmated Plover Borax Lake, Clk. Pk.
            2 Juv. Baird's Sandpiper " "
            1 Juv. Sanderling " "
            1 Juv. Pectoral Sandpiper " "
            6 W./ Red-necked Phalarope " "
            Molt. Juv.

            18 AUG 2005:
            2 Adult Least Bittern Long Tule Pt., Kvl.
            (Thanks to Greg Giusti's initial report via Jerry White)

            By McIntosh, Bryan J.
          • bryan_m_95451
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 25, 2005
              24 AUG 2005:
              1 Juv. Short-billed Dowitcher Rob. Lk., Nice
              6 Long-billed Dowitcher " "
              1 Lesser Yellowlegs " "
              1 Greater Yellowlegs " "
              1 Juv. Semipalmated Sandpiper " "

              25 AUG 2005:
              3 American Avocet Private Pond N. of abv.
              2 Red-necked Phalarope "

              By McIntosh, Bryan J. (Thanks to Dave Woodward for last 2 abv.)
            • bryan_m_95451
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 30, 2005
                27 AUG 2005:

                2 Juv. Willet Rob. Lk., Nice

                By McIntosh, Bryan J.
              • Frances Oliver
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 31, 2005
                  Today, I went looking for shorebirds in Lake Co. I spent the entire time birding between Borax Lake and Robinson Lake. Birding was very good!

                  Borax Lake:
                  2 Gr. Yellowlegs
                  1 Bairds SP (juv)
                  1 Pectoral SP
                  1 SP Plover (juv)
                  1 SP Sandpiper (juv)
                  lots of Western & Least's SP
                  Killdeer
                  Green Heron

                  Robinson's Lake
                  1 Gr Yellowlegs
                  1 Lesser Yellowlegs
                  1 LB Dowitcher
                  1 dowitcher sp
                  1 Marble Godwit
                  1 Baird's SP
                  lots of Western's & Least's
                  4 Caspian Tern's
                  Killdeer
                  Green Heron

                  A Willow FC was found along Rodman Slough.

                  Good Birding!
                  Frances
                  Lodi, CA

                • bryan_m_95451
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 31, 2005
                    31 AUG 2005:
                    1 Juv. Short-billed Dowitcher Rob. Lk., Nice
                    1 W. pl. Marbled Godwit " "
                    1 Juv. Solitary Sandpiper " "
                    3 W. pl. American Avocet Private pond N. of abv.

                    By McIntosh, Bryan J.
                  • bryan_m_95451
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 1, 2005
                      01 SEP 2005:
                      1 Fem/imm Black-chinned Hummingbird 3740 Gard St., Kvl.
                      1 Imm male Calliope Hummingbird " "

                      By McIntosh, Bryan J.
                    • Frances Oliver
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 11, 2012
                        Yesterday, Linda Pittman, Liz West and I birded Lake County. Spent the day
                        showing Linda all the great places to bird in Lake. What a great day we
                        had! Plus seeing a variety of Raptors is always a treat. Throughout the day we
                        saw both SHARP-SHINNED & COOPER'S HAWKS; multiple RED-SHOULDERED & RED-TAILED
                        HAWKS, a FERRUGINOUS HAWK; both GOLDEN & BALD EAGLES; multiple NORTHERN HARRIERS
                        & KESTREL'S; 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS,and a few WT KITES. Many of the expected ducks
                        were at Borax Lake & Detert Reservoir. Only shorebird was a Killdeer. The
                        Burrowing Owl was a no show today.

                        Borax Lake highlight included: 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS sitting out (almost
                        side-by-side) on the mud flats; a HORNED LARK sitting next to one of the tires
                        on the same mud flats; and at some point a Sharpie flew around the oak trees
                        next to the lake.

                        Around the Hidden WTP area we saw the majority of our Raptors including: a
                        COOPER'S HAWK, both Golden & Bald Eagle, a few AM Kestrels, N. Harriers, RT
                        Hawk, Ferruginous Hawk, and lots of Ravens!

                        Boggs Mt. State Forest also did not disappoint either!  Both Hairy & Downy
                        Woodpeckers, all 3 nuthatches, Golden-crowned Kinglets, with several Red
                        Crossbills calling as they flew over.  And new for me was a TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE
                        just sitting quietly on a tree branch in the campground.

                        Getting closer to 200!

                        Frances
                        Lodi, CA