USTP April 16th continued

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2005
      As of 1:45 PM the Solitary Sandpiper found by George and Chuck continued in the same location as described in their post.
      No Bonaparte's Gulls but there was a fly over adult Bald Eagle.
      Earlier this morning I birded the Old Toll Road. New arrivals (for me) were numerous Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Nashville Warblers, Cassin's Vireo's, and a Western Tanager. There were many migrating hummingbirds besides Anna's. I was able to get a good look at only 5 birds and they were all adult male Rufous Hummingbirds (one with some green on the back).
      Jerry White