Lake Co.

  • bryan_m_95451
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 14, 2005
      12 APR 2005:
      2 1 ml.,1 fem. Cinnamon Teal ~ Rob. Lk., Nice
      1 HO American Bittern Rec. Rd., Nice

      13 APR 2005:
      2 HO; early Nashville Warbler ~ Mi. 7.5 Bart. Sp. Rd., Nice
      1 HO Cassin's Finch ~ Mi. 7.5 Bart. Sp. Rd., Nice

      By McIntosh, Bryan J.
    • bryan_m_95451
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 18, 2005
        28 MAR 2005:
        1 Br. plum. Horned Grebe ~Mi. 20.11 Hwy. 20, Lucerne

        13 APR 2005:
        2 Br. plum. Horned Grebe ~Mi. 20.11 Hwy. 20, Lucerne

        16 APR 2005:
        2 Nest build. Lawrence's Goldfinch 7700 Kel. Crk. Dr., Kvl.
        2 Ml., fem. Peregrine Falcon Kel. Crk. Can., Kvl.
        1 Br. plum. Common Moorhen Adobe Resvr., Kvl.

        17 APR 2005:
        1 HO Red Crossbill Mi. 19.0 Hwy 175, Cobb

        18 APR 2005:
        2 HO N. Saw-whet Owl Boggs Mt., Cobb

        By McIntosh, Bryan J.
      • bryan_m_95451
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 20, 2005
          19 APR 2005:
          1 Early Hermit Warbler Rock Crk., 16N32, Up. Lk.
          1 HO Spotted Owl Rock Crk., 16N32, Up. Lk.
          1 Early Common Poorwill Rd. 16N01, Up. Lk.

          By McIntosh, Bryan J.
        • bryan_m_95451
          Message 4 of 21 , May 1, 2005
            24 APR 2005:
            2 Vaux's Swift CLSP, Kvl.
            1 Ad. Bald Eagle CLSP, Kvl.

            27 APR 2005:
            1 HO Canyon Wren Riv. W. Bluffs, Kvl.
            1 Ad. Peregrine Falcon Riv. W. Bluffs, Kvl.
            2 White-thr. Swift Riv. W. Bluffs, Kvl.

            01 MAY 2005:
            1 Br.pl. Wilson's Phalarope Rob. Lk., Nice
          • bryan_m_95451
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 18, 2005
              16 AUG 2005:
              2 Br.ad. Semipalmated Plover Borax Lake, Clk. Pk.
              2 Juv. Baird's Sandpiper " "
              1 Juv. Sanderling " "
              1 Juv. Pectoral Sandpiper " "
              6 W./ Red-necked Phalarope " "
              Molt. Juv.

              18 AUG 2005:
              2 Adult Least Bittern Long Tule Pt., Kvl.
              (Thanks to Greg Giusti's initial report via Jerry White)

              By McIntosh, Bryan J.
            • bryan_m_95451
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 25, 2005
                24 AUG 2005:
                1 Juv. Short-billed Dowitcher Rob. Lk., Nice
                6 Long-billed Dowitcher " "
                1 Lesser Yellowlegs " "
                1 Greater Yellowlegs " "
                1 Juv. Semipalmated Sandpiper " "

                25 AUG 2005:
                3 American Avocet Private Pond N. of abv.
                2 Red-necked Phalarope "

                By McIntosh, Bryan J. (Thanks to Dave Woodward for last 2 abv.)
              • bryan_m_95451
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 30, 2005
                  27 AUG 2005:

                  2 Juv. Willet Rob. Lk., Nice

                  By McIntosh, Bryan J.
                • Frances Oliver
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 31, 2005
                    Today, I went looking for shorebirds in Lake Co. I spent the entire time birding between Borax Lake and Robinson Lake. Birding was very good!

                    Borax Lake:
                    2 Gr. Yellowlegs
                    1 Bairds SP (juv)
                    1 Pectoral SP
                    1 SP Plover (juv)
                    1 SP Sandpiper (juv)
                    lots of Western & Least's SP
                    Killdeer
                    Green Heron

                    Robinson's Lake
                    1 Gr Yellowlegs
                    1 Lesser Yellowlegs
                    1 LB Dowitcher
                    1 dowitcher sp
                    1 Marble Godwit
                    1 Baird's SP
                    lots of Western's & Least's
                    4 Caspian Tern's
                    Killdeer
                    Green Heron

                    A Willow FC was found along Rodman Slough.

                    Good Birding!
                    Frances
                    Lodi, CA

                  • bryan_m_95451
                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 31, 2005
                      31 AUG 2005:
                      1 Juv. Short-billed Dowitcher Rob. Lk., Nice
                      1 W. pl. Marbled Godwit " "
                      1 Juv. Solitary Sandpiper " "
                      3 W. pl. American Avocet Private pond N. of abv.

                      By McIntosh, Bryan J.
                    • bryan_m_95451
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 1, 2005
                        01 SEP 2005:
                        1 Fem/imm Black-chinned Hummingbird 3740 Gard St., Kvl.
                        1 Imm male Calliope Hummingbird " "

                        By McIntosh, Bryan J.
                      • Frances Oliver
                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 11, 2012
                          Yesterday, Linda Pittman, Liz West and I birded Lake County. Spent the day
                          showing Linda all the great places to bird in Lake. What a great day we
                          had! Plus seeing a variety of Raptors is always a treat. Throughout the day we
                          saw both SHARP-SHINNED & COOPER'S HAWKS; multiple RED-SHOULDERED & RED-TAILED
                          HAWKS, a FERRUGINOUS HAWK; both GOLDEN & BALD EAGLES; multiple NORTHERN HARRIERS
                          & KESTREL'S; 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS,and a few WT KITES. Many of the expected ducks
                          were at Borax Lake & Detert Reservoir. Only shorebird was a Killdeer. The
                          Burrowing Owl was a no show today.

                          Borax Lake highlight included: 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS sitting out (almost
                          side-by-side) on the mud flats; a HORNED LARK sitting next to one of the tires
                          on the same mud flats; and at some point a Sharpie flew around the oak trees
                          next to the lake.

                          Around the Hidden WTP area we saw the majority of our Raptors including: a
                          COOPER'S HAWK, both Golden & Bald Eagle, a few AM Kestrels, N. Harriers, RT
                          Hawk, Ferruginous Hawk, and lots of Ravens!

                          Boggs Mt. State Forest also did not disappoint either!  Both Hairy & Downy
                          Woodpeckers, all 3 nuthatches, Golden-crowned Kinglets, with several Red
                          Crossbills calling as they flew over.  And new for me was a TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE
                          just sitting quietly on a tree branch in the campground.

                          Getting closer to 200!

                          Frances
                          Lodi, CA