Tricolored Blackbird, LAK

  • jeff hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2005
      Hello Birdsers,

      Today (4/13) at approx 3:45PM I had two male
      Tricolored Blackbirds fly up among a flock of 25+
      blackbirds. I only was able to ID two of the closest
      birds, (very prominent white edgings) as they flew up
      from beside the road as I was driving, and could not
      stop due to traffic. Location was north of Lakeport
      at the junction of Hill Road East (parallels Route 29
      )and Weimer Way (just north of the Hill Road/Park Way
      exit on Route 29)

      I will be in Oregon starting tomorrow, so will not be
      able to re-locate these birds. I saw them at the head
      of the draw literally right next to the fenceline on
      the southeast side of the intersection.

      Regards,

      Jeff Hayes

      NICE, CA