  • Antep9@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2005
      While visiting friends in Ukiah 4/18-23, I would like to spend as much time as possible birding the area. I have J. Kemper's guide "Birding in Northern California" in hand and have received a number of tips when I posted a request on calbirds. Going out with birders who live in the area, however, would be a much better, and assuredly more productive, time than going alone. So, if any mendobirders would like company - or need an excuse to get out and about - I would be most interested in tagging along to see what we might find. I have helped several visitors to the Seattle area so am hoping some of you will be hospitable to me.

      I've been a serious birder for about 10 years, have just finished Seattle Audubon's rigorous 2-year "Master Birder" program under the tutelage of Dr. Dennis Paulson and other lecturers, am involved in several citizen science/bird census/habitat projects, and lead field trips in WA State - BUT do not consider myself an expert birder by any means. I am only providing this information to let you know that I am not a novice but also not an expert.

      I have my own equipment (binocs and scope), field guides, and rental car but more importantly lots of interest and energy. I normally don't chase birds tho' do like catching rarities if around. And, there are lots of birds commonly found in the Mendocino County area that would be lifers for me.

      BTW, as it worked out, we are flying into Arcata so I've registered for Godwit Days on the 16th and 17th and have signed up for the Mendocino County field trip on the 18th.

      Georgia Conti
      Seattle, WA
      Antep9@...
      georgia.conti@...