Lake Co.

  • bryan_m_95451
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 2, 2005
      02 APR 2005:
      1 HO; early Cassin's Vireo Highl. Spr. Dam, Kvl.
      1 HO Rufous-crowned Sparrow Highl. Crk., "
      4 HO; early Black-thr. Gray Warbler " "
      1 HO; early House Wren " "
      1 Ad. Common Moorhen Adobe Res. "

      By McIntosh, Bryan J.
    • bryan_m_95451
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 5, 2005
        03 APR 2005:
        2 early Greater Yellowlegs Kelsey Crk. adj. Loasa, Kvl.

        04 APR 2005:
        2 early Bullock's Oriole CLSP, "
        1 HO; early Wilson's Warbler " "
        2 early Western Kingbird Highl. Sp. Rd., Lkpt.
        1 Ad. Common Moorhen Adobe Res., Kvl.

        By McIntosh, Bryan J.
      • bryan_m_95451
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 14, 2005
          12 APR 2005:
          2 1 ml.,1 fem. Cinnamon Teal ~ Rob. Lk., Nice
          1 HO American Bittern Rec. Rd., Nice

          13 APR 2005:
          2 HO; early Nashville Warbler ~ Mi. 7.5 Bart. Sp. Rd., Nice
          1 HO Cassin's Finch ~ Mi. 7.5 Bart. Sp. Rd., Nice

          By McIntosh, Bryan J.
        • bryan_m_95451
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 18, 2005
            28 MAR 2005:
            1 Br. plum. Horned Grebe ~Mi. 20.11 Hwy. 20, Lucerne

            13 APR 2005:
            2 Br. plum. Horned Grebe ~Mi. 20.11 Hwy. 20, Lucerne

            16 APR 2005:
            2 Nest build. Lawrence's Goldfinch 7700 Kel. Crk. Dr., Kvl.
            2 Ml., fem. Peregrine Falcon Kel. Crk. Can., Kvl.
            1 Br. plum. Common Moorhen Adobe Resvr., Kvl.

            17 APR 2005:
            1 HO Red Crossbill Mi. 19.0 Hwy 175, Cobb

            18 APR 2005:
            2 HO N. Saw-whet Owl Boggs Mt., Cobb

            By McIntosh, Bryan J.
          • bryan_m_95451
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 20, 2005
              19 APR 2005:
              1 Early Hermit Warbler Rock Crk., 16N32, Up. Lk.
              1 HO Spotted Owl Rock Crk., 16N32, Up. Lk.
              1 Early Common Poorwill Rd. 16N01, Up. Lk.

              By McIntosh, Bryan J.
            • bryan_m_95451
              Message 6 of 21 , May 1 5:33 PM
                24 APR 2005:
                2 Vaux's Swift CLSP, Kvl.
                1 Ad. Bald Eagle CLSP, Kvl.

                27 APR 2005:
                1 HO Canyon Wren Riv. W. Bluffs, Kvl.
                1 Ad. Peregrine Falcon Riv. W. Bluffs, Kvl.
                2 White-thr. Swift Riv. W. Bluffs, Kvl.

                01 MAY 2005:
                1 Br.pl. Wilson's Phalarope Rob. Lk., Nice
              • bryan_m_95451
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 18, 2005
                  16 AUG 2005:
                  2 Br.ad. Semipalmated Plover Borax Lake, Clk. Pk.
                  2 Juv. Baird's Sandpiper " "
                  1 Juv. Sanderling " "
                  1 Juv. Pectoral Sandpiper " "
                  6 W./ Red-necked Phalarope " "
                  Molt. Juv.

                  18 AUG 2005:
                  2 Adult Least Bittern Long Tule Pt., Kvl.
                  (Thanks to Greg Giusti's initial report via Jerry White)

                  By McIntosh, Bryan J.
                • bryan_m_95451
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 25, 2005
                    24 AUG 2005:
                    1 Juv. Short-billed Dowitcher Rob. Lk., Nice
                    6 Long-billed Dowitcher " "
                    1 Lesser Yellowlegs " "
                    1 Greater Yellowlegs " "
                    1 Juv. Semipalmated Sandpiper " "

                    25 AUG 2005:
                    3 American Avocet Private Pond N. of abv.
                    2 Red-necked Phalarope "

                    By McIntosh, Bryan J. (Thanks to Dave Woodward for last 2 abv.)
                  • bryan_m_95451
                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 30, 2005
                      27 AUG 2005:

                      2 Juv. Willet Rob. Lk., Nice

                      By McIntosh, Bryan J.
                    • Frances Oliver
                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 31, 2005
                        Today, I went looking for shorebirds in Lake Co. I spent the entire time birding between Borax Lake and Robinson Lake. Birding was very good!

                        Borax Lake:
                        2 Gr. Yellowlegs
                        1 Bairds SP (juv)
                        1 Pectoral SP
                        1 SP Plover (juv)
                        1 SP Sandpiper (juv)
                        lots of Western & Least's SP
                        Killdeer
                        Green Heron

                        Robinson's Lake
                        1 Gr Yellowlegs
                        1 Lesser Yellowlegs
                        1 LB Dowitcher
                        1 dowitcher sp
                        1 Marble Godwit
                        1 Baird's SP
                        lots of Western's & Least's
                        4 Caspian Tern's
                        Killdeer
                        Green Heron

                        A Willow FC was found along Rodman Slough.

                        Good Birding!
                        Frances
                        Lodi, CA

                      • bryan_m_95451
                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 31, 2005
                          31 AUG 2005:
                          1 Juv. Short-billed Dowitcher Rob. Lk., Nice
                          1 W. pl. Marbled Godwit " "
                          1 Juv. Solitary Sandpiper " "
                          3 W. pl. American Avocet Private pond N. of abv.

                          By McIntosh, Bryan J.
                        • bryan_m_95451
                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 1, 2005
                            01 SEP 2005:
                            1 Fem/imm Black-chinned Hummingbird 3740 Gard St., Kvl.
                            1 Imm male Calliope Hummingbird " "

                            By McIntosh, Bryan J.
                          • Frances Oliver
                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 11, 2012
                              Yesterday, Linda Pittman, Liz West and I birded Lake County. Spent the day
                              showing Linda all the great places to bird in Lake. What a great day we
                              had! Plus seeing a variety of Raptors is always a treat. Throughout the day we
                              saw both SHARP-SHINNED & COOPER'S HAWKS; multiple RED-SHOULDERED & RED-TAILED
                              HAWKS, a FERRUGINOUS HAWK; both GOLDEN & BALD EAGLES; multiple NORTHERN HARRIERS
                              & KESTREL'S; 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS,and a few WT KITES. Many of the expected ducks
                              were at Borax Lake & Detert Reservoir. Only shorebird was a Killdeer. The
                              Burrowing Owl was a no show today.

                              Borax Lake highlight included: 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS sitting out (almost
                              side-by-side) on the mud flats; a HORNED LARK sitting next to one of the tires
                              on the same mud flats; and at some point a Sharpie flew around the oak trees
                              next to the lake.

                              Around the Hidden WTP area we saw the majority of our Raptors including: a
                              COOPER'S HAWK, both Golden & Bald Eagle, a few AM Kestrels, N. Harriers, RT
                              Hawk, Ferruginous Hawk, and lots of Ravens!

                              Boggs Mt. State Forest also did not disappoint either!  Both Hairy & Downy
                              Woodpeckers, all 3 nuthatches, Golden-crowned Kinglets, with several Red
                              Crossbills calling as they flew over.  And new for me was a TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE
                              just sitting quietly on a tree branch in the campground.

                              Getting closer to 200!

                              Frances
                              Lodi, CA