Mute Swan request

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2005
      Mendo birders, For the last decade or so there has been one or two
      escapee Mute Swans that hang around Pudding Creek or the small hidden pond
      just to the North and East of Pudding Creek behind a motel/trailer
      park. I have personally made sporadic observation records of the one or
      two birds over the years... usually in Pudding Creek above the dam. If
      any of you have old records for these birds could you please send them to
      me directly. I would like to update the county file on this species,
      even though they are just "escapees", and I have discovered that I have
      very poor records for these Pudding Creek swans. Thanks. Bob Keiffer.

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road